Computers are like faithful pets – they want interest. All of us want our computer quick, effective and responsive, but when it begins slowing down, most people simply get angry with him. Well, occasionally they do. They simply have to give good service and interest back to their “pets”. The maintenance tips in this information can help you render your XP computer quicker, safer and more consistent.
1.Reducir the scale of the Recycle Bin
Today’s hard disks are quite large, so the absence value of 10% for the recycle bin too. Most users might be good with a choice of 5-10 Gb, which will generally feel from 2 to 5% of hard disk drive space. To reduce the dimensions of the Recycle Bin do the following:
1. Go to desktop
2. Click on the Trash symbol
3. Select Attributes
4. Take advantage of the slider to choose the required percentage
5. Click Apply, then click OK
2. Turn off Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance
Windows XP provides services that allow others to access your computer or laptop remotely. They are really beneficial if a computer is part of the system (network topologies), but often there is the peril that hackers may use to get into your computer or laptop. Therefore, if your PC is not component of a network, it is preferable to turn them off. Here’s how:
1. Go to Start – Settings – Control Panel
2. Double-click the System symbol
3. Select the Remote tab
4. Uncheck Allow Remote Help invites to feel delivered with this computer
5. Inside the same Advanced tab ..
6. Uncheck Allow users to connect remotely to this particular computer
7. Click Apply, then click Okay
Dont worry – you are able to access MSN, Skype and similar programs. Disabling Remote Help and Remote Desktop are not affected in any method.
3. Run Windows XP chkdsk (Check Disk) sometimes
Windows XP chkdsk is a tool to run occasionally. It could analyze the drive for errors, correcting logical errors, identify and mark bad sectors, to ensure that Windows will likely not try and use them. By doing this you could avoid your computer from becoming erratic.
However there is a slight downside, check the disk could take a long time carrying this out task. It depends on many things, like PC to generate speed, wide range of data and folders on drive, the amount of RAM and drive size. So the best thing will be to run the drive check providing it is needed to use your computer for a while.
Also Windows XP chkdsk wants exclusive access to the computer. In many cases you are asked to restart and runs after reboot, so you are doing not have access to your PC. Naturally, you can constantly stop the procedure, yet not a good idea.Para run Check Drive, do the following:
1. Search regarding the My Computer icon throughout the desktop and double-click it
2. Look for the disk you have to check, click on it and go to Characteristics
3. Inside the Properties dialog package, go to Tools
4. Click Check Today
5. A new dialog container appears, check both options and click Start
6. Most likely you will get a message it wants a disk check and exclusive access to the drive and you want to start immediately after restart. Click OK
7. Restart your pc
4. Usually Defragment
Severely fragmented disks may cause numerous problems, such as slow all-around system, beginning slow and breaks, and perhaps the computer freezes. Basically, your hard disk is the slowest element of your computer and file fragmentation makes it extra lento.Windows has built a Disk Defragmenter.
To utilize it go to begin – Programs – Accessories – System Tools – Drive Defragmenter.
Like additional defragmentation appliance accumulates fragments of data that are scattered all in the drive and writes adyacentes.Pero groups to be honest, I never use Windows Disk Defrag – it can take some time to do their work and miss too many files.
The great news would be that there are good free defrag utilities accessible for download. Those I like are Auslogics and Defraggler Piriform DiskDefrag. Both are established and they are consistently utilized by designers and perform a great job. Directly, I like the Auslogics, and wasted no for you personally to analyze the disk, so it’s quite fast.